Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So much is happening!


My third week came to an end without much change. Well except that my shoulders opened enough for me to take my heels by myself in Kapotasana! Big relief...So now I can just enjoy my practice and not have to worry about it. I'm finally starting to settle into life in Gokulam. Have a little routine: Sanskrit class Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Chanting on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. Conference (lecture) with Sharath on Sunday mornings. I've actually really been enjoying these. He keeps reiterating the point to enjoy the moment. Stop looking to the future so much as you can miss what's happening around you NOW. And he's been in a great mood during these conferences, though I'm not sure if it's because he's enjoying the company he's keeping or because there is a cricket match on afterward. LOL! Whatever the reason, they've been great.



This week I actually got a lot of work done. I know I'm supposed to be on holiday, but there is always something that needs doing. One of those things being shopping! I'm ordering a bunch of cotton yoga mats to bring home to you all. There are stripy ones ($20) and solid colour ones ($25). They are great for practicing Ashtanga yoga so put your order in now! Email me and let me know which one you want, what colour (blue, red, green, navy, brown, pink), and how many you want. I'll be shipping them back so they should arrive just a little while after I get back.

I've also been planning workshops and retreats for the upcoming year. One thing I have finalised is my Summer Retreat at Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre in Midland, Ontario - June 17-19. All the info will be on their site soon and on my website. It's an amazing location, only 90 mins drive north of Toronto, eco friendly, and there are private and shared accommodation options for this place. Book early to guarantee your spot.
Ireland for August 1-8 is still being finalized. But progress is being made, I promise!

I only have 2 more weeks here before I head to Goa. Time is flying! I had convinced myself that I was away for 8 weeks but it ended up being 6 1/2. Three days are lost with travel on the way over. On top of the fact that I suck at math and I only took 7 weeks off, not 8....well, there you have it. 6 1/2 weeks. It better be warm and sunny when I get back! It's actually getting too hot here. Being outside can be a bit much between the hours of 11am and 2pm. So to stay inside yesterday I went for a massage at 3 Sisters, one of the older businesses catering to the students near the Old Shala in the section of the city called Laxmipuram (the pic is of the 3 Sisters house). It was amazing! But of course not the best idea on a Tuesday... I was so stiff today! I took my time with my practice, really enjoying the sensations in my body. By the time I finished there were very few people left in the shala. Time for a coconut! I'll write more soon. Hope you're all still practicing xo

No comments:

Post a Comment