Friday, March 18, 2011


How is it that time moves so fast when we want it to slow down? I've only really settled into life here in Gokulam and now I'm leaving. Monday night I'm off to Goa to take in some much needed sun, surf, and sand before I head back to the colder climes of TO. As usual much has happened since my last post. I went to see the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and ended up getting a root canal. Holy crap! I have never been in so much pain in my life! Seriously! This is why people don't really talk about root canals once they've had them. Noone would voluntarily get one done.... At one point I seriously considered running out of the room and dealing w the consequences later. Once I finish with this ordeal, this afternoon, I don't want to have to see a dentist for a long time....sorry Roberto! All in all I've been in the dentist's chair 4 times. On Friday I got the actual crown put on just in time to attend an Indian wedding! The other morning I came out of practice and went directly to the coconut man, Imran, for my first if 3 coconuts. Delicious! After coconut #2 he handed me an envelope and said, "You come, please. My sister." When I opened it up it was an invitation to his sisters wedding. So sweet! Imran has been selling me coconuts for the last 4yrs. He took over the family business when his father, Beck (above), passed away. He is outside the shala everyday without fail, always with the most beautiful smile to great you with and the perfect coconut. I'm getting a sari made so look for pics of me dressed as an Indian Princess!
So it took me forever to settle into things this trip. I think not having a place when I first arrived threw me more than I realized. It's only really in the last week that things have fallen into place. For the first few weeks I was hanging out with some amazing people from Toronto, whom I hope to hang out with some more when I return. But this week I made a new "bestie" and we've been attached at the hip! So refreshing to meet someone who understands me in ways I didn't know were possible. It's also the thing that sucks about Mysore...the connections you make are so strong! But in the end we all have to leave so it's a perpetual lesson of non attachment. Sigh...I guess I should start packing! LOL!
In Goa I will be practicing with Rolf & Marci Naujokat in Candolim. Staying at a place called Casa Baptista just up from the beach. And checking out places for a retreat next year? Who want to come to India with me?! Keep checking this site for more info. Until then there's always the weekend retreat at Sugar Ridge in Midland, Ontario in June and my Backbending Into Bliss workshop April 17 from 230-5pm. Please book early to guarantee your space.
I'll post more from Goa promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment